Best Consumer Reports Rated Pressure Washers, Reviews, Tips, and Guides in 2023
Looking to keep your outdoor space sparkling clean and free of grime? A pressure washer could be just the tool you need! But with so many models on the market, how can you know which one to choose? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we’ll round up the best consumer reports rated pressure washers available today, helping you make an informed decision that will leave your home looking its best. So sit back, relax, and get ready to discover some seriously powerful cleaning machines!
Top 10 Best Consumer Reports Rated Pressure Washers 2023
Below is the Best Pressure Washers Consumer Reports that you can buy :
1. Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric High Pressure Washer
Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric High Pressure Washer, Cleans Cars/Fences/Patios
- [POWERFUL]: 14.5-Amp/1800-watt motor generates.Pump Type : Wobble-Plate Piston. Voltage (V) : 120..Cord Lock : Yes. Foldable Handle : No
- [VERSATILE]: Tackle a variety of cleaning tasks: homes, buildings, RV’s, cars, trucks, boats, decks, driveways, patios, lawn equipment, and more. With two 0.9 L onboard detergent tanks, removable tanks carry and store different types of detergent to simultaneously tackle different cleaning projects.
- [TSS (Total Stop System)]: Automatically shuts off pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life.
- [NOTE]: To ensure a fully functioning washer, please make sure all hoses and cleaner connections are properly and securely fastened.
2. Westinghouse WPX3200 Gas Pressure Washer
Westinghouse WPX3200 Gas Pressure Washer, 3200 PSI and 2.5 Max GPM, Onboard Soap Tank, Spray Gun and Wand, 5 Nozzle Set, CARB Compliant, for Cars/Fences/Driveways/Homes/Patios/Furniture
- 3200 PSI and 2. 5 GPM of Powerful, Deep-Cleaning Water Pressure Perfect for Decks, Sidewalks, Siding, Fences, Railings, Garage Floors, Exterior Walls, Cars and Patio Furniture – Easy to Fill 0.9 Gallon Gas Tank
- Half Gallon Onboard Soap Tank With 25 Foot Abrasion Resistant Super-Flex Hose With Lightweight Spray Gun and 5 Quick Connect Nozzles (0degree, 15degree, 25degree, 40degree & Soap). Choke Type: Manual
- Heavy Duty Gas Powered 212cc 4-Stroke Westinghouse OHV Horizontal Shaft Engine with Recoil Start - Long Lasting, Maintenance-Free Axial Cam Pump Provides 2. 5 Gallons of Water (and Soap! ) a Minute
- Tough Steel Frame Construction With 12 inch High Profile, Never-Flat Wheels Provide Easy Transportation and Maneuverability – Includes Engine Oil, Tools, and Quick Start Guide to Get Started in Minutes
- All Westinghouse Pressure Washers are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service and Support Network
3. Mueller Pressure Washers, Electric High Pressure Washer 2000 PSI
Mueller Pressure Washers, Electric High Pressure Washer 2000 PSI, Electric Power Washer, 4 Spray Nozzles, Foam Cannon, 23 FT Pressure Hose, for Cleaning Driveways/Patios/Cars/Garden/Homes
1 used from $92.20
- Power Built To Last - The Mueller UltraForce Electric Pressure Washer combines power, performance, and versatility to get your dirty work done. Powered with a 1700W air-cooled industrial motor that generates intense water pressure up to 1900PSI to blast through even the toughest dirt and grime. Durable and reliable with professional-grade IPX5 waterproof body, high-quality stainless steel wand and leakproof fixtures.
- 5 Different Spray Options - The power washer includes 4 Quick-Connect Spray Nozzles that you can switch between depending on your surface for different degrees of water intensity (0°, 15°, 25° & 40°). This versatility allows you to tackle light, medium or heavy-duty cleaning tasks quickly and easily. For extra cleaning power, attach the Soap Bottle with the detergent of your choice to foam up surfaces for deeper cleaning.
- Easy To Use - Designed with the home user in mind, the pressure washer offers maximum cleaning with minimal effort. Its light weight and compact size make the unit easy to maneuver during use or for storage. The extra-long 23 FT hose and ergonomic spray gun help reach even the most difficult areas. Includes safety lock, overheat protection, and TSS technology to automatically disengage the pump when not in use, saving energy and prolonging pump life.
- All Round Usage - The ultimate surface cleaner for dirt, mold, grease, paint, and rust. Ideal for decks, patios, driveways, gazebos, siding and other home exteriors, pools, garden tools and equipment, outdoor furniture, outdoor grills, fences, cars, RV’s, and much more. Make light work out of tough dirt with this power washer surface cleaner.
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life easier. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us. Our unparalleled 24/7 live telephone customer support is ready and waiting to assist with anything you need!
4. Fancyall 1950 Max PSI Electric High Pressure Washer, 1.9 GPM Electric Power Washer
Fancyall 1950 Max PSI Electric High Pressure Washer, 1.9 GPM Electric Power Washer with 35ft Code and 20ft Pressure Hose, One Adjustable Nozeel,Cleans Cars/Fences/Patios
- 【High Pressure Washer】Fancyall high pressure washer with 1950PSI , 1650W, 1.9GMP to guarantee high efficient work and keep you feel more easier. The pressure washer not only brings a greater comfort when cleaning the grease from concrete, heavy mildew stains, oil stains, rust from steel, and other stubborn gunk and grime; but also the electric pressure wahser to help you to save valued time, energy and water.
- 【All in One Nozzles】 Fancyall electric pressure washer with a all in on adjustable nozzle, the nozzle with different pressure design for all types of cleaning demand. You can adjust by twisting to adjust the nozzle modes according your work demand, the nozzles choice with soap mode fan mode jet line mode, which easily adjusted to get good cleaning efficiency to help you enjoy the job better.
- 【35ft Power Code and 20ft Pressure Hose 】Fancyall electric pressure washer with 35ft power code and 20ft pressure hose to make you easy to clean enough place you want. The pressure washer with a built-in hose reel makes the 20ft hose easy to store and use. The good design to protect and help prevent kinks in the high-pressure hose and to make many works more efficient and better to finish.
- 【Convenient Wheels Design】Fancyall electric pressure washer with two wheels to make the washer easier to move anywhere you want. The pressure washer with the a special designed tank releases the right amount of suds to keep there is no wasted detergent left puddling on the pavement. Easier and more efficient to use.
- 【After Customer Service】Fancyall electric power washer comes with 12 months warranty, 24hrs Sales Service. Your convenience and use experience are the most important thing we pursit. It is our honor to serve you.
5. CRAFTSMAN Electric Pressure Washer
CRAFTSMAN Electric Pressure Washer, Cold Water, 1700-PSI, 1.2-GPM, Corded (CMEPW1700)
- POWERFUL CLEANING: The electric pressure washer has 1700 MAX PSI* and 1.2 GPM**.Amps : 13 Amp
- ADDED BENEFIT: The pressure washer gun comes with a soap applicator bottle for cleaning with soap
- STORAGE ORGANIZATION: Onboard nozzle, pressure washer hose, cord, and wand storage keep accessories organized
- LONG LASTING PERFORMANCE: 20 ft. kink-resistant hose eliminates hassle and provides long-lasting performance
- EXTENDED REACH: 35 ft. power cord for range from your outlet
6. Karcher K1700 1700 PSI 1.2 GPM TruPressure Electric Pressure Washer
Karcher K1700 1700 PSI 1.2 GPM TruPressure Electric Pressure Washer - 2125 Max PSI Power Washer with 3 Nozzles for Cleaning Cars, Siding, Driveways, Fencing, & More
$149.99 in stock
6 used from $111.46
- Powerful: The K1700 operates at a 1700 PSI - with an initial Max of 2125 PSI of TruPressure! Highest level of cleaning power and driven by a reliable brushless induction motor. Longer operation life along with a quieter operating volume!
- Versatile: Includes a Quick-Connect Steel Wand with 3 Spray Nozzles. 15° Nozzle for all-around cleaning, the Turbo Nozzle for superior results on tough-to-clean surfaces – and the 65° Nozzle for detergent application.
- High Pressure Hose: Equipped with the 20' kink-resistant High-Pressure Hose. Features a removable Storage-Container for your hose and pressure washer accessories. Features an On/Off foot switch for easy power control.
- Onboard Detergent Tank: Comes with a 0.5 Gallon removable detergent tank for easy soap application! Compatible with most universal 1/4" Quick-Connect pressure washer accessories.
- The Karcher Promise - Cleaner. Quicker: The K1700 is perfect for cleaning concrete, pavement, driveways, patios, decks, sidewalks, RVs, cars, boats, homes, fencing, and much more!
7. SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125 MegaShot 3200 PSI Gas Pressure Washer
SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125 MegaShot 3200 PSI Gas Pressure Washer, 2.5 GPM, Honda GC190 Engine, Includes Spray Gun and Extension Wand, 5 QC Nozzle Tips, 1/4-in. x 25-ft. MorFlex Hose, (49-State), Black
2 used from $413.99
- Premium Residential Performance: Easy-to-assemble and easy-to-start with its Honda GC190 Premium residential engine, the MegaShot power washer is great for cleaning decks, patios, outdoor furniture, house siding, and prepping home exteriors for painting.Unit Dimensions: L: 21” x W:24” x H: 34”
- Power and Durability: A powerful, reliable, maintenance-free OEM Technologies axial cam pump delivers 3200 PSI at 2.5 GPM and includes thermal relief to prevent overheating; Welded steel frame construction with a powder-coated finish adds durability
- Lightweight and Portable: The compact design is lightweight and small enough to be easily transported by one person; 10-inch premium pneumatic tires offer ease of maneuverability across various terrain and uneven ground
- Includes Quality Simpson Accessories: MorFlex ¼-inch x 25-feet high-pressure hose is non-marring, flexible and abrasion-resistant; 5 Quick connect nozzle tips: 0°, 15°, 25°, 40° and Soap for any cleaning tasks; Ergonomic spray gun and 16-inch steel wand/lance
- Important Notes: 49-state compliant; Does not ship to California; Keep max fuel level 1/2 Inch below bottom of filler neck to avoid spillage; All pressure washers are 100% functionally tested in factory and may contain minimum residual fuel/oil or fuel odor
8. Zeccos Electric Pressure Washer, 3500PSI 2.4GPM, Power Washer
Zeccos Electric Pressure Washer, 3500PSI 2.4GPM, Power Washer Includes Quick Connect 4-Nozzle Set, Snow Foam Lance,Brass Connector and Hose Reel. Best for Cars/Patios/Walls/Sidewalks and More
- [Outstanding Performance] Generates up to 3500 PSI of water pressure and 2.4 GPM of water flow for handling even the most stubborn grime quickly and effortlessly. N-COR pump is durable, non-corrosive and maintenance-free. 2 year warranty.
- [Snow Foam Lance] Directly sprays foam. Cleaning Solutions don't pass thorugh the pump to ensure a longer pump lifespan so you may use chemicals like bleach, vingar etc. Thicker and dense foam stays on the surface longer for better cleaning results
- [4 Quick Connect Tips] The 0° tip delivers super high pressure for dissolving stubborn substances on hard surface. The 15° tip delivers high pressure for concrete, brick and other hard surfaces. The 25° tip delivers medium pressure for wood decks, viynl sidings with soft surface. The 40° tip is windows, cars, painted surfaces or as a final rinse.
- [Self-Priming] Drains water from container or natural water source with absence of a water tap. 3/4 inch all-metal adaptor connects to your standard garden hose firmly.
- [Effortless Assembling] Assembled in minutes for ease of use.
9. Greenworks 1600 PSI 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer
Greenworks 1600 PSI 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer (Upright Hand-Carry) PWMA Certified
10 used from $68.99
- 1600 PSI : 1.2 GPM will blast through grime and dirt to restore your surfaces.Brushless motor : No.
- VERSATILE : Can be used vertically or horizontally for greater stability
- 20 FT PRESSURE HOSE : provides greater reach without sacrificing power
- 35 FT POWER CORD : with inline GFCI for use on all exterior outlets
- SOAP APPLICATOR : to apply soap to completely clean any surface. 2 nozzle tips and attachable detergent bottle to complete any job.
10. CRAFTSMAN Electric Pressure Washer
CRAFTSMAN Electric Pressure Washer, Cold Water, 1900 -PSI, 1.2-GPM, Corded (CMEPW1900)
1 used from $126.75
- POWERFUL CLEANING: The electric pressure washer has 1900 MAX PSI* and 1.2 GPM** for cleaning power to do a variety of tasks.Amps : 13 Amp
- INTEGRATED SOAP TANK: The pressure washer gun has this added benefit for cleaning with soap
- STORAGE ORGANIZATION: Onboard nozzle, pressure washer hose, cord, and wand storage keep accessories organized
- LONG-LASTING PERFORMANCE: 25 ft. kink-resistant hose eliminates hassle and provides long-lasting performance
- EXTENDED REACH: 35 ft. power cord for range from your outlet
What is pressure washers?
Pressure washers are one of the most versatile tools that you can own. They can be used for a variety of tasks, from cleaning your car to power washing your deck. Pressure washers use high-pressure water to clean surfaces. The pressure of the water is what makes pressure washers so effective.
Pressure washers come in a variety of sizes and styles. There are electric pressure washers and gas pressure washers. Electric pressure washers are the most popular choice for homeowners because they are less expensive and easier to maintain than gas pressure washers. Gas pressure washers are more powerful and can be used for commercial applications.
When choosing a pressure washer, it is important to consider the purpose for which you will be using it. If you only plan on using it occasionally, then an electric pressure washer should suffice. If you plan on using it more frequently or for commercial purposes, then a gas pressure washer would be a better option.
What Are the Different Types of pressure washers
Pressure washers come in a variety of shapes and sizes, each with its own distinct advantages and disadvantages. The most common types of pressure washers are:
1. Electric Pressure Washers: These are the most popular type of pressure washer as they are relatively inexpensive and easy to use. However, they do have some drawbacks – electric pressure washers require a power source (usually a standard household outlet), and they are not as powerful as gas-powered models.
2. Gasoline Pressure Washers: Gasoline pressure washers are more powerful than electric models, making them ideal for tougher cleaning jobs. However, they can be more expensive to purchase and require more maintenance than electric models. Additionally, gasoline pressure washers emit harmful fumes, so they should be used in well-ventilated areas.
3. Diesel Pressure Washers: Diesel pressure washers offer the highest level of power and performance, making them perfect for professional or industrial use. However, they can be very expensive and require special training to operate safely.
How Does pressure washers work?
A pressure washer is a machine that uses high-pressure water to clean surfaces. Pressure washers can be used on a variety of surfaces, including patios, driveways, decks, and even cars. Pressure washers are available in a variety of sizes and styles, so finding the right one for your needs is important. The best consumer reports rated pressure washers will have a few different features that sets it apart from the rest.
First, look for a pressure washer with adjustable pressure settings. This feature allows you to control the amount of pressure being applied to the surface you’re cleaning.
Second, look for a pressure washer with an automatic shut-off feature. This feature is essential if you accidentally leave the machine on or if the hose becomes kinked.
Third, look for a machine that comes with different nozzles. These nozzles allow you to control the spray pattern and intensity of the water being sprayed. fourth, consider getting a pressure washer with built-in storage for the hose and cord.
This feature ensures that everything can be stored neatly and out of the way when not in use fifth, think about getting a pressure washing machine that comes with wheels. This feature makes it much easier to move around as you’re cleaning different surfaces.
Benefits of pressure washers?
If you are looking for a powerful and versatile outdoor cleaning solution, then a pressure washer is a great option. Pressure washers use high-pressure water jets to clean dirt, grime, and other build-up from surfaces. They are perfect for cleaning patios, driveways, decks, and more.
There are many benefits of using a pressure washer. First, they are very effective at quickly removing tough dirt and grime. Pressure washers can also be used to clean delicate surfaces without damaging them. Additionally, pressure washers use significantly less water than traditional hose-and-bucket cleaning methods.
If you are considering purchasing a pressure washer, be sure to read consumer reports to find the best model for your needs.
Pros and Cons of pressure washers
When it comes to pressure washers, there are a lot of different options on the market. It can be tough to decide which one is right for you. To help make your decision easier, we’ve compiled a list of the pros and cons of pressure washers.
– they are very powerful and can clean things quickly
– they can be used for a variety of cleaning tasks
– they are relatively easy to use
– they can be expensive
– they use a lot of water
Factors to Consider Before Buying?
When it comes to pressure washers, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind before making your purchase. First and foremost, you’ll want to think about what you’ll be using your pressure washer for. Are you looking for something to use around the house for light-duty cleaning, or do you need something that’s going to be durable enough for heavy-duty projects?
Once you’ve decided on the intended usage, you’ll want to consider the different types of pressure washers available. There are electric models that are best suited for light-duty tasks, and gas-powered models that pack a little more power. You’ll also want to decide on the size of the unit, as this will play a role in how easily it can be transported and stored.
Of course, cost is always a factor when making any purchase. But with pressure washers, you generally get what you pay for. So if you’re looking for a durable unit that will last for years, it’s worth investing in a higher quality model. With all of these factors in mind, you’re sure to find the best pressure washer for your needs.
How to Use pressure washers
If you’re looking for a way to quickly and easily clean your outdoor surfaces, then a pressure washer is a great option. But before you start using one, it’s important to know how to use it properly. Here are some tips on how to use pressure washers:
1. Always read the manufacturer’s instructions before using the pressure washer. This will help you avoid any potential damage to the machine or injuries to yourself.
2. Make sure that the area you’re going to be cleaning is clear of any debris or obstructions. Pressure washers can spray water at high speeds, so you don’t want anything in the way that could get broken or cause an accident.
3. Start with the pressure washer on its lowest setting and gradually increase the pressure until you find the right setting for your needs. If you start on too high of a setting, you could damage the surface you’re trying to clean or cause injury to yourself.
4. Hold the tip of the pressure washer about 10-12 inches from the surface you’re cleaning and move it in a steady back-and-forth motion. Don’t stay in one spot for too long, as this could also damage the surface.
5. When you’re finished cleaning, turn off the pressure washer and release any remaining pressure in the hose before disconnecting it from the machine.
Common Mistakes When Using pressure washers?
1. Not checking the pressure washer’s hose for leaks before using it.
2. Not checking the pressure washer’s nozzles for damage before using them.
3. Using too much pressure when cleaning with a pressure washer. This can damage surfaces and cause injuries.
4. Not following the manufacturer’s instructions when using a pressure washer.
5. Failing to properly maintain a pressure washer after use. This can lead to rust and other damage that can shorten the life of the machine.
Frequently Asked Question
What features should I look for in a pressure washer?
When shopping for a pressure washer, Consumer Reports recommends looking for one that is lightweight and easy to maneuver, with good cleaning power. You’ll also want to consider the model’s ergonomics – how comfortable it is to use – as well as its noise level.
What are the different types of pressure washers?
There are three main types of pressure washers: electric, gas-powered, and diesel-powered. Electric models are the most popular type, due to their relatively low price point and lack of emissions. Gas-powered models tend to be more powerful than electric ones, but they produce emissions and can be more difficult to operate. Diesel-powered models are typically only used for commercial applications.
What is the difference between a pressure washer and a power washer?
A pressure washer uses pressurized water to clean surfaces. A power washer, on the other hand, is an all-in-one cleaning machine that combines pressure washing with other functions such as vacuuming and steam cleaning.
Consumer Reports is a great resource to use when researching the best pressure washers on the market. Their ratings are based on performance, features, and price, so they are able to provide an unbiased opinion that can be trusted by consumers. With their help, you can make sure to find a pressure washer that will meet your needs without breaking the bank. So if you’re in the market for a new pressure washer, don’t forget to check out consumer reports first!
I’m Georgie Barton, a reviewer for various magazines and consumer reports. I’ve been testing and writing about household products and electronics for years, and have become quite the authority on the subject. My goal is to help people make informed decisions when purchasing these items, so they can get the most value for their money.
My hope is that through my work, everyone will be able to find a quality and satisfactory product. Thank you for reading!