Best Toaster Ovens Consumer Reports, Ratings, Reviews, Tips, and Guides in 2022
If you’re in the market for a new toaster oven, you’ll want to check out the latest ratings from Consumer Reports. The testers evaluated dozens of different models and found some great options that are sure to meet your needs. Whether you’re looking for a basic appliance or something with more features, there’s sure to be a toaster oven that’s perfect for you. Keep reading to learn more about the top-rated models and find the best one for your kitchen.
Top 10 Best Toaster Ovens to Buy in 2022:
Below is the list of top 10 Best Toaster Ovens that you can have a look at and buy. Check one by one carefully before purchasing.
*Note: Score is based on our AI score (Editor’s choice and rating)
What is Toaster Ovens?
A toaster oven is a small appliance designed to toast bread and bake small food items. Toaster ovens are similar in size and shape to a conventional oven, but they use less energy and have a smaller capacity.
Most toaster ovens have a dial or knob that allows you to set the desired temperature, as well as a timer that will shut off the oven when the food is done.
Toaster ovens can be used for tasks such as reheating leftovers, baking pizzas, or even roasting chicken.
While toaster ovens have been around for decades, they have recently gained popularity as a convenient and energy-efficient way to cook small meals.
Whether you are looking for an alternative to your conventional oven or simply want a quick way to toast some bread, a toaster oven may be a good option for you.
How does Toaster Ovens work?
Toaster ovens work by using heating elements to cook food. The elements are located on the top and bottom of the oven, so they can evenly cook food from all sides.
Toaster ovens also have a timer that allows you to set how long you want the oven to be on. When the timer goes off, the oven will automatically turn off.
What are the benefits of Toaster Ovens?
Toaster ovens have a number of benefits over regular ovens, including:
1. More energy-efficient – since they are smaller, they use less energy to heat up.
2. Can heat up food faster – since they are smaller, they can reach the desired temperature faster than regular ovens.
3. Even cooking or baking – toaster ovens can evenly cook or bake your food, unlike toasters which can leave some parts of the bread burnt while others remain untoasted.
4. Variety of sizes and designs – toaster ovens come in a variety of sizes and designs to suit different needs and preferences. Some even have multiple functions such as being able to grill, roast or broil foods.
5. See-through door – toaster ovens usually have a see-through door that allows you to check on your food without opening the door and letting heat escape.
6. Removable racks or trays – most toaster ovens have removable racks or trays that make cleanup easier.
7. Less expensive – in general, toaster ovens are less expensive than regular ovens.
8. Takes up less counter space – since they are smaller, they take up less counter space than regular ovens.
9. Versatile – toaster ovens can be used for a variety of purposes such as baking, grilling, toasting and even as a mini-oven to reheat food.
10. Electric or gas models – toaster ovens are available in both electric and gas models. Some people prefer one over the other.
What are the features of Toaster Ovens?
Toaster ovens come in a variety of sizes, designs and with different features. Some common features include:
- Adjustable thermostat – allows you to set the temperature according to what you are cooking.
- Timer – lets you set how long you want the oven to be on for.
- See-through door – allows you to check on your food without opening the door and letting heat escape.
- Removable racks or trays – make cleanup easier.
- Electric or gas models – some people prefer one over the other.
- Multiple functions – some toaster ovens can grill, roast or broil foods.
- Built-in controls – some toaster ovens have controls that let you choose the settings without having to open the door.
- Compact size – takes up less counter space than regular ovens.
Pros and Cons of Toaster Ovens
1. Toaster ovens can toast, bake, broil and warm food. This saves energy since you only need to use one appliance instead of four.
2. Toaster ovens preheat faster than a regular oven.
3. Toaster ovens are small and take up less counter space than a regular oven.
4. You can see your food cooking in a toaster oven which helps prevent burning.
5. Some toaster ovens have built-in timers and shut off automatically when the timer expires.
6. Most toasterovens have an automatic shut off if something is left in them for too long, preventing fires.
7. Toasterovens cost less than a regular oven.
1. Toaster ovens can overheat and start fires if something is left in them for too long.
2. The door on a toaster oven can become very hot, making it a hazard if there are small children or pets in the home.
3. Toaster ovens can be difficult to clean because of their small size.
4. Some toaster ovens do not have a timer, so you need to keep an eye on your food to prevent burning.
5. Toaster ovens can produce uneven results if not used correctly.
6. Toaster ovens use more energy than a toaster because they have heating elements on the top and bottom of the appliance.
7. Toasterovens can be more expensive than a toaster.
How to use of Toaster Ovens:
1.Toaster ovens are versatile appliances that can be used for a variety of tasks, from toasting bread to cooking a full meal.
2. To get the most out of your toaster oven, it is important to know how to use it properly.
3. Here are some tips on how to use a toaster oven:
4.To toast bread, preheat the toaster oven and then place the bread on the wire rack. Toast for the desired amount of time, checking periodically to make sure the bread does not burn.
5.To cook a frozen pizza or other frozen food, preheat the toaster oven and then place the food on the wire rack. Cook according to the package directions, checking periodically to make sure the food is cooked through.
6.To bake cookies or other small items, preheat the toaster oven and then place the baking sheet on the wire rack. Bake according to the recipe directions, checking periodically to make sure the cookies are not burning.
7.To broil meat or other items, preheat the toaster oven and then place the food on the wire rack. Broil according to the recipe directions, checking periodically to make sure the food is not burning.
8.To clean a toaster oven, unplug it and allow it to cool completely. Then remove the wire racks and crumb tray and wash them in soapy water. Wipe down the interior of the toaster oven with a damp cloth.
Common mistakes when using Toaster Ovens?
1. Not preheating the oven: This is a mistake because you need to give the oven time to heat up to the correct temperature before putting your food in. If you don’t, your food will not cook evenly and could even end up burnt.
2. Not using an oven thermometer: It’s important to use an oven thermometer to make sure that your oven is actually at the temperature that it says it is. This way, you can avoid overcooking or undercooking your food.
3. Overcrowding the oven: When you overcrowd the oven, the air can’t circulate properly and this will affect how evenly your food cooks. So make sure to leave some space around your food so it can cook properly.
4. Not using the right cookware: You need to use cookware that is safe to use in a toaster oven. Some materials, like aluminum foil, can cause problems and even start fires. So be sure to check what kind of cookware is safe to use in your particular model of toaster oven.
5. Not cleaning the oven regularly: Like with any appliance, it’s important to keep your toaster oven clean. If you don’t, it can start to smell bad and even affect how well your food cooks. So be sure to give it a good cleaning every few weeks or so.
Factors to consider before buying Toaster Ovens?
Size: Toaster ovens come in a variety of sizes, so you’ll need to choose the one that best fits your needs. If you have a small kitchen, you’ll want to choose a compact model. But, if you entertain often or cook for large groups, you’ll need a larger oven.
Features: Toaster ovens come with a variety of features, so you’ll need to decide which ones are most important to you. Some models have basic features like a timer and an automatic shut-off, while others have more advanced features like a digital display and different cooking settings. You’ll also find toaster ovens that come with accessories like a baking pan or a broil rack.
Price: Toaster ovens range in price from around $30 to $200. The price will vary depending on the size, features, and brand. So, be sure to shop around to find the best deal.
Brand: There are many different toaster oven brands on the market, so you’ll want to choose one that’s reliable and has a good reputation. Some of the most popular brands include Cuisinart, Hamilton Beach, Oster, and Black+Decker.
Design: Toaster ovens come in a variety of designs, so you’ll need to choose one that best fits your kitchen. Some models are compact and sleek, while others are larger and more bulky. You’ll also find toaster ovens that come in a variety of colors, so you can choose one that complements your kitchen décor.
Style: Toaster ovens come in two main styles: countertop and built-in. Countertop models are smaller and more compact, so they’re a good option for small kitchens. Built-in models are larger and must be installed under a cabinet, so they’re a good option for larger kitchens.
Warranty: When buying a toaster oven, be sure to check the warranty. Some brands offer a one-year warranty, while others offer a longer warranty. If you plan on using the oven often, you’ll want to choose a model with a longer warranty.
Customer Service: If you have any problems with your toaster oven, you’ll want to choose a brand with good customer service. This way, you can get help and support if you need it.
Budget: Finally, you’ll need to consider your budget when choosing a toaster oven. Toaster ovens range in price from around $30 to $200. So, be sure to set a budget and stick to it.
Material: Most toaster ovens are made from stainless steel, aluminum, or plastic. Stainless steel models are more durable and easy to clean, but they’re also more expensive. Aluminum models are lightweight and have good heat conductivity, but they’re not as durable as stainless steel. Plastic models are the most affordable, but they’re not as durable or easy to clean.
FAQs about Toaster Oven.
Q: How do I clean my toaster oven?
A: To clean your toaster oven, start by unplugging it and removing the racks. Then, use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe down the inside of the oven. Be sure to avoid using harsh cleaners or abrasive pads, as these can damage the finish. Next, use a soft-bristled brush to clean the heating coils. Finally, wipe down the outside of the oven with a damp cloth.
Q: What are the different types of toaster ovens?
A: The two main types of toaster ovens are countertop and built-in. Countertop models are smaller and more compact, so they’re a good option for small kitchens. Built-in models are larger and must be installed under a cabinet, so they’re a good option for larger kitchens.
Q: What are the different features of toaster ovens?
A: Toaster ovens come with a variety of features, so you’ll need to decide which ones are most important to you. Some models have basic features like a timer and an automatic shut-off, while others have more advanced features like a digital display and different cooking settings. You’ll also find toaster ovens that come with accessories like a baking pan or a broil rack.
Q: How much do toaster ovens cost?
A: Toaster ovens range in price from around $30 to $200. The price will vary depending on the size, features, and brand. So, be sure to shop around to find the best deal.
Q: What are the different brands of toaster ovens?
A: There are a number of different toaster oven brands on the market, so you’ll want to choose one that’s reliable and has a good reputation. Some of the most popular brands include Cuisinart, Hamilton Beach, Oster, and Black+Decker.
Q: What is the best toaster oven for me?
A: The best toaster oven for you will depend on your needs and preferences. If you have a small kitchen, you’ll want to choose a compact model. If you have a large kitchen, you’ll want to choose a larger model. You’ll also want to consider the features and accessories that you need. Finally, be sure to consider your budget.
Q:What can you not put in a toaster oven?
A: You shouldn’t put any metal items in a toaster oven, as they can cause a fire. This includes foil, pans, and cookie sheets. You also shouldn’t put anything flammable in the oven, such as paper or plastic.
Q: How do I know if my toaster oven is working properly?
A: To test your toaster oven, start by plugging it in and setting the timer for 5 minutes. Then, place a piece of bread on the racks and close the door. After 5 minutes, open the door and check to see if the bread is toasted. If it’s not, there may be a problem with your toaster oven.
Q:Does a toaster oven use a lot of electricity?
A: No, toaster ovens are actually very efficient. They use less electricity than a traditional oven, so they’re a good choice for people who want to save energy.
Q:What are the pros and cons of using a toaster oven?
A: Some of the pros of using a toaster oven include that they’re more energy-efficient than a traditional oven, they’re easier to use and clean, and they take up less space. Some of the cons of using a toaster oven include that they can’t be used for large meals, and they don’t have all the features of a traditional oven.
Q:Do you need a microwave if you have a toaster oven?
A: No, you don’t need a microwave if you have a toaster oven. A toaster oven can actually do most of the things that a microwave can do, like reheat food and cook simple meals. However, a microwave is faster and more convenient for some tasks, so it’s up to you whether you want to use both appliances.
If you are in the market for a toaster oven, then it is important that you take the time to do your research. Not all toaster ovens are created equal, and there are some models that outperform the rest. That’s why we have put together this list of the best toaster ovens based on Consumer Reports’ ratings. We hope that this information will help you make an informed decision about which model is best for your needs.
I’m Georgie Barton, a reviewer for various magazines and consumer reports. I’ve been testing and writing about household products and electronics for years, and have become quite the authority on the subject. My goal is to help people make informed decisions when purchasing these items, so they can get the most value for their money.
My hope is that through my work, everyone will be able to find a quality and satisfactory product. Thank you for reading!