Best Bread Maker Consumer Reports, Ratings, Reviews, Tips, and Guides in 2023
Are you tired of bland and dry bread from your local grocery store? Do you want to have the freshest homemade bread at all times without going through the hassle of kneading or waiting for it to rise? Then look no further! In this blog post, we will be discussing the best bread maker consumer reports that are sure to make your baking experience a breeze. Say goodbye to those store-bought loaves and hello to warm, delicious, and perfectly baked bread right in the comfort of your own home. Let’s dive into our top picks for the best bread makers on the market today!
Top 10 Best Bread Maker Consumer Reports 2023
Below is the Best Bread Maker Consumer Reports that you can buy :
1. Cuisinart Bread Maker, Up To 2lb Loaf, New Compact Automatic
Cuisinart Bread Maker, Up To 2lb Loaf, New Compact Automatic
$106.95 in stock
4 used from $66.99
- Cuisinart-quality technology promises superior crust, color and texture.UC Cubic Feet: 1.180, MC Cubic Feet: 1.350.MC Cubic Feet: 1.350, MC Cubic Feet: 1.350
- 12 preprogrammed menu options - fully automatic, easy to use
- 3 crust shades - light, medium, or dark & bakes up to a 2 pound loaf
- Vertical baking pan for counter-friendly compact design - removable kneading paddle and bread pan
- Lid with viewing window to monitor the process - interior light to check bread as it bakes
2. Elite Gourmet EBM8103M Programmable Bread Maker Machine
Elite Gourmet EBM8103M Programmable Bread Maker Machine, 3 Loaf Sizes, 19 Menu Functions Gluten Free White Wheat Rye French and more, 2 Lb, Mint
$69.25 in stock
6 used from $47.38
- MAKING FRESH ARTISAN BREADS right at home is now fool proof and automatic. The Elite Gourmet bread maker does the kneading, rising and baking for you
- MAKE UP TO A 2-LB LOAF of bread. With 3 different settings for a 1-lb, 1.5-lb or 2-lb loaf of fresh bread.
- INCLUDES 19-PROGRAMMED PRESET MENU for a variety of different types of doughs from basic white bread to even pizza dough.
- 15-HOUR DELAY TIMER and a 60-minute Keep Warm function allows you to control your baking to the max.
- FREE UP THE OVEN and save on power. Reduce the heat in your kitchen and less washing of different cooking implements.
3. Hamilton Beach Premium Dough & Bread Maker
Hamilton Beach Premium Dough & Bread Maker Machine with Auto Fruit and Nut Dispenser, 2 lb. Loaf Capacity, Stainless Steel (29888)
$108.00 in stock
3 used from $43.53
- Automatic fruit and nut dispenser: no need to wait around during the kneading process if you want to add mix ins to your dough – the bread maker machine features an automatic fruit and nut dispenser that will do it for you at the ideal time..Special Features: Programmable
- Fresh homemade bread in just 3 steps: just add your ingredients to the bread maker, select the cycle and press start.
- 14 programmed cycles: bread maker settings include: basic, French, sweet, 1. 5 lb. Express, 2 lb. Express, quick bread (no yeast), gluten free, artisan dough, whole grain, dough, rise, bake, jam and cake.
- Customizable size and shade: choose from light, medium, or dark crust options and 1, 1. 5 or 2 lb. Loaf sizes.
- Dishwasher safe parts: the bread machine pan and paddle are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
4. Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker
Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker, 2 lb. loaf of bread, Stainless Steel/Black
$339.99 in stock
2 used from $232.13
- Various healthy course settings include Multigrain, Whole Wheat, Rapid Whole Wheat, Gluten Free, Salt Free, Sugar Free and Vegan
- Double Kneading Blades thoroughly knead dough for superior results; Dual heaters on the bottom and lid of the bread maker promote even baking and browning
- Rapid courses allow you to bake a loaf of white or whole wheat bread in just 2 hours and 25 minutes
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display with convenient key code on lid simplifies course selection; RAPID SETTING: Use Rapid setting to have your loaf ready to eat in under two and a half hours
- Electrical Rating 120 volts / 700 watts.Cord Length:39 inch
5. KITCHENARM 29-in-1 SMART Bread Machine
KITCHENARM 29-in-1 SMART Bread Machine with Gluten Free Setting 2LB 1.5LB 1LB Bread Maker Machine with Homemade Cycle - Stainless Steel Breadmaker with Recipes Whole Wheat Bread Making Machine
$97.34 in stock
1 used from $87.61
- 29-in-1 SMART BREAD MACHINE FOR NEWBIES & PROS - Your fresh healthy homemade bread is clicks away: just pick one of the many provided recipes or your own favorite recipe, and click a few buttons. - 29 Automatic Programs include 21 Bread Menus (Basic White, Sweet, French, Whole Wheat, Rye, Keto, Gluten Free, Sourdough..), 7 Non Bread Menus (Cake, Jam, Yogurt, Dough..), and the Fully Customizable Cycle-Level Programming HOME MADE Menu for almost any recipe. - Beginners Friendly & Pros Handy.
- UNIQUE 1-PRESS BREAD MAKING - All your settings are saved for the next use, including Menu / Loaf Size / Crust Color for a preset menu and your own settings for the HOME MADE menu. - It becomes 1-PRESS operation if you use the same recipe the next time: simply add ingredients and press the START button ONCE. - 29 Menus, 3 Loaf Sizes (1 / 1.5 / 2 LBS), 3 Crust Colors (Dark / Medium / Light), 15-Hour Delay Timer, 1-Hour Keep Warm, 15-Minute Power Interruption Recovery, ADD-NUTS Alarm, etc.
- MORE MENUS & RECIPES FOR HEALTHY BREADS - KitchenArm Menus & Recipes support both the high gluten bread flour and the less gluten all purpose flour that is inexpensive & healthier yet still makes wonderful breads; they are designed to handle fresh onions, oranges, zucchini, bananas, etc. in the most efficient way, so that the human preparation time is minimized. - Various Gluten Free breads & Whole Wheat bread w/o external gluten - 77 recipes included & hundreds more on KitchenArm Recipe Cloud.
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE CYCLE-LEVEL PROGRAMMING - You can explore your own variants based on a provided recipe for a preset menu, or create YOUR OWN MENU using the cycle-level programming HOME MADE menu (Menu #29) which allows you to specify each bread-making cycle time (KNEAD, REST, RISE, BAKE..) to fully adapt the machine to your own recipes. - It also enables you to utilize hundreds of recipes on KitchenArm Recipe Cloud. - This advanced feature is both Pros Handy and Beginners Friendly.
- QUALITY BUILD & DEVOTED SERVICES - ETL Certified Kitchen Appliance for US / Canada markets - US / Canada Standard Three-Prong Grounding Plug for electric safety and longer product lifespan - 2.5" Large Visual Digital Display - Food Grade Teflon Coated Non-Stick Bread Pan - Discounted Original replacement parts available on Amazon - 1-MONTH Free Trial & 2-YEAR Product Warranty & LIFETIME Free Customer Service including Cloud Recipes, Recipe Personalization, etc.
6. Amazon Basics 2 Pound Non-Stick Bread Making Machine
Amazon Basics 2 Pound Non-Stick Bread Making Machine, White
$70.40 in stock
- 550 watt non-stick bread making machine with up to a 2 pound loaf capacity
- Automatically mixes, kneads, rises, and bakes fresh bread
- ExpressBake setting bakes bread in less than 90 minutes
- 14 settings for making breads, doughs, gluten-free options, jams, and more
- 3 crust color options in light, medium, and dark
7. Hamilton Beach Bread Maker Machine
Hamilton Beach Bread Maker Machine, Digital, Programmable, 12 Settings + Gluten Free, Dishwasher Safe Pan + Kneading Paddle, 2 lb Capacity, Black (29882)
- FRESH HOMEMADE BREAD IN 3 EASY STEPS: Just add your ingredients to the bread machine, select the cycle and press start.
- YOU CONTROL THE INGREDIENTS & NUTRITIONAL CONTENT: Prepare healthy loaves of bread without preservatives or trans fat using this Hamilton Beach breadmaker.
- VERSATILE WITH 12 CYCLES: Make dough, bake cake, or make delicious mouth-watering loaves of fresh baked bread. Cycles include basic, French, gluten-free, quick bread (no yeast), sweet, 1.5 lb express, 2.0 lb express, dough, jam, cake, whole grain and bake.
- GREAT FOR DOUGH PREP: Prepare a variety of yeast doughs in the breadmaker machine for dinner rolls, pizza crusts, cinnamon buns and more, then bake in a conventional oven.
- MAKE BREAD THE WAY YOU LIKE IT: Choose to make either 1.5 lb. or 2 lb. loaves, and select from 3 crust settings for light, medium or dark crust. Easy cleanup
8. KBS Large 17-in-1 Bread Machine, 2LB All Stainless Steel Bread Maker
KBS Large 17-in-1 Bread Machine, 2LB All Stainless Steel Bread Maker with Auto Fruit Nut Dispenser, Nonstick Ceramic Pan, Full Touch Panel Tempered Glass, Reserve& Keep Warm Set, Oven Mitt and Recipes
$139.96 in stock
- 【Multiple Customized Nutritious Programs & 2LB Large Actual Capacity】The KBS automatic bread machine has 17 practical programs for French, Whole Wheat, kneading and fermentation, Jam, Yogurt, Cake, etc, not only a bread maker. Additional convenience with Pizza Dough setting and Gluten-Free program. The "Quick bake"- bake a loaf in under 1.5H. It bakes 1 lb, 1.5 lb, 2 lb loaves, and 3 crust settings in light/medium/dark. Bring a variety of options to your healthier and tastier homemade bread.
- 【Unique Healthy Non-stick Ceramic Pan & 710W Powerful Quieter Motor】Exclusive one to use Ceramic Pan designed to make the bread evenly baked and healthier for 100% no chemicals(BPA-Teflon-PTFE Free) and easy to clean. Best Gift for family. 710W high power motor makes the kneading quickly, strong and durable, so that the dough is soft and elastic, while the overheating protection function extends the bread machine life length, motor noise is less than 40 db, which will not affect your sleep.
- 【Intelligent Fruit and Nut Dispenser & 15H Timer & 1H Automatic Warm/Fresh-Keeping Function】The detachable fruit nut dispenser releases the ingredients automatically at the optimum time. The most worry-free machine. You don't need to keep an eye on the time. 15-hour Delay Timer allows you to enjoy fresh bread without having to wake up early. The most popular 1-Hour Automatic Keep Warm, 15-minute Power Interruption Recovery allow for healthy breads anytime!
- 【Intuitive Digital Touch Panel Control & Fully Sleek Stainless Steel & 360° Surrounding Baking】 Bright & large viewing digital Touch Panel is easy to view and select the cycle, crust, and loaf size. Stainless steel heat-resistant and not easy to damage, baked bread more delicious and healthy. Breadmaker with advanced baking technology and 710W power output design, it makes bread baking more efficient and faster. 360-degree baking for thinner crusts, fluffier bread, more evenly healthy color.
- 【More Practical Accessories/Recipe book Included& Superior Professional Humanized Details 】Large viewing window offers you a full view of the process. Click the start button to stop, long press the start button to cancel the current program, Maximum convenience for you. Including more additional accessories: Ceramic Pan, Paddle*2, Kitchen Glove, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Hook, User Manual, more Recipe Book and Other Versatile Accessories. For the finest cooking experience.
9. Oster Bread Maker with ExpressBake | 2 Pound Capacity
Oster Bread Maker with ExpressBake | 2 Pound Capacity
2 used from $52.48
- 1-HOUR BAKING:Bake a fresh loaf of bread in an hour (or less) with the ExpressBake function
- 12 SETTINGS:With 12 settings including Gluten-Free, it's easy to customize your baking results
- 3 CRUST SETTINGS:Have your crust just the way you like it with 3 customizable crust settings
- AUTOMATIC DISPENSER:Includes a convenient automatic Nut & Fruit Dispenser for adding special ingredients to your bread
- 2-POUND CAPACITY:Generously sized to easily hold loaves from 1.5 pounds up to 2 pounds
10. Neretva Bread Maker Machine , 20-in-1 2LB Automatic Breadmaker
Neretva Bread Maker Machine , 20-in-1 2LB Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Pizza Sourdough Setting, Digital, Programmable, 1 Hour Keep Warm, 2 Loaf Sizes, 3 Crust Colors - Receipe Booked Included (Green)
- Neretva BREAD MAKING MACHINE - 20 Customized Automatic Programs, included QUICK BREAD, GLUTEN-FREE, FRENCH WHOLE-WHEAT, PIZZA DOUGH, JAM, etc. With 3 crust shades - light, medium, or dark and different loaf capacity from 1-1/2 to 2 pound (Family Size).
- HUMANIZED DESIGN - Automatically mixes, kneads ingredients by Kneading Paddle, Digital LCD display for easier programming: 15H Timer, crust, loaf size. Large Viewing Window offers you a full view of the process, AC Motor for less noise.
- HEALTHIER & FRESHER BREAD - 15H Delay Timer, 1 Hour Automatic Keep Warm, 20 Mins Power Interruption Recovery, 360° Double tubes heating promotes heat circulation allows enjoy the freshier and healthier homemade bread anytime.
- MACHINE WASHING - Non-stick pan, Kneading Paddle, Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon can be machine washed, easy to clean and save your time.
- UNIQUE AND COMPACT BREADMAKERS - Neretva delivers creativity and aesthetics for our items, 1 YEAR Warranty & 12Hrs Quick Customer Service Response, Enjoy The Shopping Experience On Us!
What is Bread Maker ?
Bread makers are appliances that can be used to bake fresh bread at home with little effort. Most models come with a variety of settings that allow you to choose the type of bread you want to make, as well as the crust color and texture. Some even have delay timers so you can set the machine to start baking while you’re asleep or at work.
What Are the Different Types of Bread Maker ?
Bread makers come in all shapes and sizes, from small and compact to large and bulky. There are also a variety of bread maker styles, each with its own set of features and benefits. Here’s a look at the different types of bread makers available on the market:
Compact Bread Makers: These bread makers are ideal for smaller kitchens or for those who don’t want to have a lot of counter space taken up by a bread maker. Compact models typically have fewer features than their larger counterparts, but they’re still capable of baking a variety of breads.
Large Bread Makers: Large bread makers are perfect for families or for anyone who loves to bake large batches of bread. Most large models come with multiple loaf pans so you can bake multiple loaves at once, and many also have extra features like jam and cake settings.
All-in-One Bread Makers: These bread makers are designed to do it all, from baking bread to making pizzas, cakes, and more. All-in-one models typically come with a variety of accessories and attachments, so you can make just about anything in your bread maker.
Gluten-Free Bread Makers: If you’re on a gluten-free diet, then a gluten-free bread maker is a must-have appliance. Gluten-free models include special settings for baking gluten-free breads, as well as a wide range of other recipes that are safe for those on
How Does Bread Maker work?
If you are wondering how a bread maker actually works, it is quite simple. You add the ingredients to the bread pan in the order specified by the recipe, select the cycle and press start. Most units will have an indicator light that lets you know when the bread is done.
There are generally four cycles on a bread maker: Dough, Bake,Jam, and Cake. The dough cycle mixes and kneads the dough but does not bake it. This is perfect if you want to shape your own loaves or rolls. The bake cycle does everything from mixing and kneading to baking. The jam cycle is for…well…jam! And the cake cycle is for cakes and quickbreads.
Bread makers can be used to make all sorts of recipes including gluten-free bread, sourdough bread, pizza dough, and even cinnamon rolls!
Benefits of Bread Maker ?
Bread makers are becoming increasingly popular as people learn about the many benefits they offer. Here are some of the top benefits of owning a bread maker:
1. You can make healthy, homemade bread without any preservatives or added chemicals.
2. Bread makers are very user-friendly and simple to use. Even if you’ve never baked before, you can easily make delicious bread with a bread maker.
3. Bread makers save you time and money. Instead of having to go to the store every time you want fresh bread, you can simply make it at home with your bread maker. Plus, homemade bread is often cheaper than store-bought bread.
4. You can customize your bread exactly how you like it with a bread maker. Want extra cinnamon in your cinnamon raisin bread? No problem! You can add whatever ingredients you like to create the perfect loaf of bread for your family.
5. Bread makers are fun! Baking is a great way to relax and unwind, and it’s even more enjoyable when you get to enjoy the delicious results of your hard work.
Pros and Cons of Bread Maker
When it comes to making bread, there are several different methods that you can use. One popular method is to use a bread maker. There are both pros and cons to using a bread maker, which you will want to consider before making your final decision.
The pros of using a bread maker include the fact that they are very easy to use. You simply add the ingredients, choose the settings, and let the machine do its work. Additionally, bread makers can make a variety of different types of breads, including gluten-free and vegan options.
The cons of using a bread maker include the fact that they can be relatively expensive. Additionally, if you do not have one specific type of flour that the bread maker requires, you may need to purchase multiple types of flour in order to make different types of breads.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Bread Maker ?
When it comes to choosing a bread maker, there are a few factors you need to take into account in order to choose the best one for your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind:
1. The size of the bread maker. This is important because you want to make sure it will fit in your kitchen and that you have enough counter space for it.
2. The type of bread you want to make. There are different types of bread makers that make different types of bread. Make sure you choose one that makes the type of bread you want.
3. The price. Bread makers can range in price from around $30 to over $200. Choose one that fits your budget but also keep in mind that the more expensive ones usually have more features and options.
4. The features and options. This is where the more expensive bread makers tend to shine. They usually have more settings and options so you can make different types of breads and even add fruits or nuts if you want.
5. Read reviews before buying. This is always a good idea when buying any type of appliance or gadget, including a bread maker. Check out what others are saying about various models before making your final decision so you know what to expect
How to Use Bread Maker
If you’re looking for the best bread maker, Consumer Reports has you covered. We’ve tested dozens of bread makers and have found the best ones to meet your needs.
When it comes to using a bread maker, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, be sure to read the instruction manual that comes with your bread maker. This will give you specific instructions on how to use your particular model.
Next, decide what type of bread you want to make. There are many different types of breads that can be made in a bread maker, so choose one that sounds good to you. Once you’ve decided on a type of bread, gather the ingredients needed for the recipe.
Now it’s time to actually make the bread! Follow the instructions in your recipe carefully and be sure to add the ingredients in the order specified. Once everything is added, close the lid of the bread maker and select the desired cycle. The breadmaker will do the rest!
Once the cycle is complete, open up the bread maker and remove your freshly baked loaf of bread. Let it cool slightly before slicing and enjoy!
Common Mistakes When Using Bread Maker ?
When it comes to bread machines, there are a few common mistakes that people make. Here are some of the most common mistakes when using a bread maker, as well as how to avoid them:
Not Reading the Manual: One of the most common mistakes people make when using a bread machine is not reading the manual. The bread machine manual contains important information on how to use the bread machine, as well as troubleshooting tips. If you have any questions about how to use your bread machine, be sure to consult the manual first.
Not Using Fresh Ingredients: Another mistake people make when using a bread machine is not using fresh ingredients. This can result in bread that is dense and heavy, rather than light and fluffy. Be sure to use fresh yeast, flour, and other ingredients when making bread in your machine.
Not Following the Recipe: It’s important to follow the recipe when making bread in a bread machine. Do not try to change it by adding extra ingredients or leaving out steps. This can result in sub-par bread.
Overloading the Machine: Some people try to put too much dough into their bread machine, thinking it will speed up the process. However, this can actually lead to problems with the machine, as well as with the quality of the final product. Stick to the recommended amount of dough for your particular model of bread machine.
Not Cleaning the Machine Regularly: Not cleaning your bread machine on a regular basis
Frequently Asked Question
What are the different types of bread makers?
There are three main types of bread makers: those that make traditional loaves, those that make gluten-free loaves, and those that make artisanal loaves. Traditional bread makers are the most common and can be used to make a variety of different types of bread. Gluten-free bread makers are designed specifically for people who have celiac disease or gluten sensitivities. Artisanal bread makers are more expensive and typically only make one type of bread, but they often have features that allow you to customize your loaf.
What should I look for in a bread maker?
When choosing a bread maker, you’ll want to consider the size, shape, and material of the machine. You’ll also want to think about what type of bread you want to make and whether or not you need a gluten-free option. Other features to look for include a delay timer, crust color control, and automatic fruit and nut dispensers.
How much do bread makers cost?
Bread makers range in price from around $30 to $300. The price will depend on the brand, features, and size of the machine.
With the help of this article, you now have a better understanding of the best bread makers that Consumer Reports has to offer. We hope that our review has helped you find the right model for your needs and budget, so you can start baking delicious loaves in no time. Whether it’s for personal or professional use, having a high-quality bread maker is an invaluable addition to any kitchen and one that will definitely pay off in terms of taste and convenience. So go ahead and pick up your own bread maker today – get ready for some tasty treats!
I’m Georgie Barton, a reviewer for various magazines and consumer reports. I’ve been testing and writing about household products and electronics for years, and have become quite the authority on the subject. My goal is to help people make informed decisions when purchasing these items, so they can get the most value for their money.
My hope is that through my work, everyone will be able to find a quality and satisfactory product. Thank you for reading!